Yesterday took place the 1st Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016. We already knew that Iveta had a great performance but what we saw live during the show was just stunning. It has been a great feeling seeing the evolution of press’ perception: from a «weird song but she’s kinda good» to «We want to go to Yerevan next year!».
Everyone in the Press Center was surprised for such a good play in the competition and «Russia & Armenia are the top entries in this semi-fi
al» was the most common statement among the journalists.
Here is an interview with Sacha Jean-Baptiste, the creator of the Armenian staging.
Just after the broadcasting, Armenia reached the 5th place in the odds. Now it’s set in the 6th place behind Australia.
Iveta’s schedule continues and she will perform today at the Wiwijam, the Eurovision party organized by wiwibloggs.com at the Hard Rock Café Stockholm. 17 artist are confirmed to be there:
- Alex Panayi (Cyprus 1995 and 2000)
- Amir (France 2016)
- Barei (Spain 2016)
- Deen (Bosnia 2004 & 2016)
- Gabriela Guncikova (Czech Republic 2016)
- Greta Salome (Iceland 2012 and 2016)
- The Hungry Hearts featuring Lisa Dillan (Norway’s Melodi Grand Prix 2016)
- Isa (Melodifestivalen 2015 and 2016)
- Iveta Mukuchyan (Armenia 2016)
- Lidia Isac (Moldova 2016)
- Krista Siegfrids (Finland 2013 and Melodifestivalen 2016)
- Maja Keuc (Slovenia 2011)
- Nina Kraljic (Croatia 2016)
- Sergey Lazarev (Russia 2016)
- Suzy (Portugal 2014)
- Serhat (San Marino 2016)
- Lisa Ajax (Melodifestivalen 2016)